The Seattle Metropolitan Chamber has selected former Tacoma Mayor Marilyn Strickland to head the regional business association. She will start as President and CEO the week of Feb. 19. Read more here.
NEWS AND EVENTS ABOUT AND FOR THE QUEEN ANNE NEIGHBORHOOD
Wine and dine at the Queen Anne Food Bank’s annual fundraiser, “Dine For a Cause,” Friday, February 9, at Canlis. The evening includes cocktails, a three course meal and wine. The evening's festivities take place in the Canlis Penthouse Suite with panoramic views of Lake Union.
• Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
• Silent Auction 6:45 - 7:45 p.m.
• “Dine For a Cause” also features a premiere Live Auction and Raise the Paddle and all proceeds support the programs and customers of Queen Anne Food Bank.
For more information about this fundraiser, contact the Queen Anne Food Bank at (206) 216-4102.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE CAN:
• Reach more home-bound seniors and disabled residents with our Home Delivery Program
• Add needed refrigeration to increase the life of rescued food, maintain the standard of quality of produce, meat and dairy that we are known for and accept more donations of perishable food that would otherwise be turned away
• Serve our hungriest neighbors through all QAFB Programs
ABOUT QUEEN ANNE FOOD BANK
Established in 2012, the Queen Anne Food Bank envisions a community where no one goes hungry, and our neighbors in need have equitable access to enough healthy and nutritious food to meet their needs. Queen Anne Food Bank (QAFB) provides healthy food assistance to low-income and homeless people in Seattle. The program serves every person who comes to our door in need, without discrimination, and with respect and dignity. Queen Anne Food Bank is a 501(c)(3) organization: Tax ID# 91-0581657.
Time to get that Christmas tree! Boy Scout Troop 72 is selling Christmas trees next to the Safeway store on Upper Queen Anne. Proceeds benefit the Queen Anne Food Bank and the troop's many activities.Read More
Small Business Saturday is a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities. Please join the SBA and organizations across the country in supporting your local small business by shopping at a small business.